As you already read, we are looking for aa new team member to join us in Bosnia & Herzegovina and the Balkan region. The position is part-time, meaning you should work for 50% of your workday.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26, 2022.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place in Sarajevo from June 27 to 29.
What is the Swiss EP?
Swiss EP is a global program aiming to empower and facilitate the local entrepreneurial ecosystem to create a thriving and more equitable world.
Our goal is to support organizations that are working with entrepreneurs to be successful and self-sustainable and to, in that way, support entrepreneurs in developing their businesses.
To achieve this goal, we’re bringing experts from other, more developed ecosystems to work with our Partner Organizations (POs) and entrepreneurs and transfer their knowledge and experience to them.
Swiss EP is active in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Peru, Serbia, and Vietnam. Our head office is in Zurich, Switzerland, and the office in charge of Bosnia and Herzegovina is in Belgrade, Serbia.
What should a Swiss EP Ecosystem Facilitator (EF) do?
Your primary duties would be:
- To support the Swiss EP team in designing and implementing all program activities in line with program intervention areas:
- Partner Organization (PO), or organizations supporting startups and working with entrepreneurs, improvements,
- Ecosystem development,
- Capital mobilization,
- Cross-cutting themes (such as women entrepreneurship, diaspora involvement, and media exposure of the program).
- Together with the Swiss EP team, plan upcoming activities on the regional (Western Balkans) and local levels.
- Attend regular management meetings and calls.
- Logistically support and accompany Swiss EP experts, short-term experts (SMEs), and Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs) who work with partner organizations, community builders, and entrepreneurs on their indicated needs. Also, EF needs to ensure a smooth onboarding and introduction to the program and ecosystem and increase the impact of their missions.
- Together, with the Project Officer keep track of upcoming events and activities in the local ecosystem for internal planning purposes and to share on social media with ecosystem.
- Participate in periodical data and information collection on POs and startups, and do quality checks to see and show development over time.
- Participate in analyzing data and drafting periodical reports (of annual reports, country-specific reports, and monthly reviews).
- Pro-actively seek out and identify ‘informative’ entrepreneurship stories based on data received by POs and startups, drafts stories, and disseminates stories through internal reports, standard media channels, and social media.
- Support the Swiss EP team in organizing internal activities such as meetings, capacity building, or training, as well as preparations for the global events (peer exchange meetup and women entrepreneurs week);
- Performs any other tasks as per the needs of the Swiss EP and Swisscontact.
What qualifications do you need to have to be a part of our team?
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of corporate work or volunteer organization management experience.
- An understanding of entrepreneurship and Startup Communities in Sarajevo
- Knowledge and understanding of the private sector and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- Experience in communication and media, including social media.
- Experience in project planning and reporting.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and Internet applications.
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to actively shape up and improve the future of entrepreneurs in Sarajevo.
- Support of the excellent international team.
- Possibility to build on your capacities, learn and develop your skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent working conditions.
- Chance to meet the most extraordinary and interesting people from all over the world.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send your CV and let us know why you should join our team. Wećre looking forward to hearing from you!