Community involvement is important because you’re participating in something bigger than yourself. Knowing that you’re making a difference in someone else’s life, gives you a sense of accomplishment.
Surrounding yourself and your company with people dedicated to making the world a better place has extensive benefits beyond the obvious advantage of helping the community. Some of such benefits are:
- As we interact with people from different backgrounds, we learn about their struggles. At the same time, we develop empathy as we begin to understand and share another’s feelings.
- Associating your company with significant causes will help potential customers see your brand more positively. Doing business with you gives people a feeling of safety because one would rather cooperate with a company led by purpose.
- Your employees feel motivated because they feel they’re contributing toward something greater.
- It brings fun and fulfillment.
The benefits of giving back to a business community are significant. It can have a powerful impact on your company, and on you personally.
But how do you give back to your community?
We’ll share a few examples from our dearest members from Founders Network Kosovo and Women Entrepreneurs Kosovo, who supported the community in many ways:
- Kutia supported several social programs and educational initiatives to empower young people with IT knowledge and skills. Beetroot Academy Kosovo is their way of giving back to the community through scholarships, meetups, educational webinars, and internship programs.
- Manaferra launches internship programs every year where hundreds of young people have had the opportunity to grow and learn in the field of digital marketing with industry professionals.
- Brandfluence will support this year’s Prishtina Trails event, where they have designed the creative concept along with digital and print materials.
- Krenar Roka from Rubik, Driton Hetemi from Swinto and Faton Sopa from Manaferra are just a few Founders Community members who have provided mentorships in this year’s UPLift Program.
Overall, it’s clear that giving back to the community means investing money or time. Either way, you will be rewarded by being a part of a fantastic community. On top of that, your workforce and workplace will be more enjoyable and, most importantly, become a role model to young founders.